Tonight is a straight up classic—short rib, a delicious jus, creamy polenta, and broccoli with a little fried garlic and Calabrian chile zing. Polenta is extremely underrated in our humble opinion, it’s like a savory oatmeal but better. We could eat it by the bucketful, just plain, just sayin’. With the shorty and the broc on top the game is changed, and definitely utilize that truffle jus (drippings from the shorty) to mix into your polenta! Got leftovers? Breakfast shorty + polenta + fried egg. Bada-bing, bada-boom.
P.S. Happy Birthday Ruth, sending some extra WECO love to everyone on this extra special day <3
What’s in your bag:
- Short rib
- Truffle jus
- Roasted broc
What you’ll need from home:
- 1 medium saucepan
- 1 small saucepan
- Salt + pepper
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Place a medium saucepan on the stove top over medium heat and pour in the jus.
- Take the container the jus came in, fill it up halfway with water and add it to the saucepan. Bring the jus to a simmer then let it bubble for about 2 minutes.
- Add the short rib to the pot, turn the heat down to medium low, and cover with a lid. Set a timer for 3 minutes, flip the shorty over, and heat for another 3 min.
- After a total of 6 minutes, remove the lid and poke the short rib. When it’s tender and hot, you’re all done!
The Polenta & Broccoli
- Grab a small saucepan. For every portion of polenta you ordered, add 1½ tbsp water and 1 pat of butter (so if you got 2, it would be 3 tbsp and 2 pats of butter. Ya know, math). Bring it all to a simmer.
- Once you’ve got a good simmer, add the polenta. Break it up with the back of a spoon, and stir until it’s nice and smooth. Add more water if necessary to thin it out.
- Over medium heat, stir until the polenta is bubbly, about 3-5 minutes. Once it’s hot, taste and season!
- Meanwhile, set your oven to high broil. On an aluminum foil-lined sheet tray, broil the broccoli for 3-4 minutes.
Plate it up by spooning the polenta onto the center of your plate, placing the shorty on top with a drizzle of jus, and the broccoli alongside it.
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO