Tonight is a straight up classic—short rib, a delicious jus, creamy polenta, and broccoli with a little fried garlic and Calabrian chile zing. Polenta is extremely underrated in our humble opinion, it’s like a savory oatmeal but better. We could eat it by the bucketful, just plain, just sayin’. With the shorty and the broc on top the game is changed, and definitely utilize that truffle jus (drippings from the shorty) to mix into your polenta! Got leftovers? Breakfast shorty + polenta + fried egg. Bada-bing, bada-boom.
What’s in your bag:
- Red wine braised boneless short rib with caramelized onion
- Truffle jus
- Creamy polenta with ricotta + herbs
- Roasted broccoli with fried garlic + Calabrian chiles
- Braising liquid
What you’ll need from home:
- 1 medium saucepan
- 1 small saucepan
- Salt + pepper
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Place a medium saucepan on the stove over medium heat and pour in the braising liquid. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the short rib to the pot, turn the heat down to medium low, and cover with a lid. Set a timer for 3 minutes, flip the shorty over, and heat for another 3 min.
- After a total of 6 minutes, remove the lid and poke the short rib. When it’s tender and hot, you’re all done!
- Grab your other saute pan. For every portion of polenta you ordered, add a 1/4 cup of water, and if you’d like, a pat or two of butter. Bring it all to a simmer.
- Once you’ve got a good simmer goin’, add the polenta. Break up the clumps with the back of a spoon, and stir until nice and smooth. Slowly add more water as needed until the polenta reaches your desired, creamy consistency.
- Let your polenta get nice and hot, (don’t stop stirring!) then taste and season with S+P to your liking. The more water you used, the more S+P you might need.
- Set your oven 400F. Spread your broccoli on an aluminum foil-lined sheet tray and heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Heat in a microwave-safe bowl for 1-2 minutes until hot.
Plate it up by spooning the polenta onto the center of your plate, placing the shorty on top with a drizzle of jus, and the broccoli alongside it.
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.