There’s a reason why we originally debuted this dish during Cozy Week (you know, that lazy week between Christmas and New Year’s when all you wanna do is chill in your jammies). It’s just. that. comforting.
The way the aroma of the spice blend–Vadouvan curry, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, black peppercorn–is completely enveloping… The silkiness that the coconut milk lends the sauce… The hearty combo of roasted butternut squash, fingerling potato, and red pepper… The sassy tang from the sumac yogurt… Those plump curry-spiced jumbo shrimpies?!? Ok, you get it. We’ll let you scurry to the stove now so you can tuck in ASAP.
What’s in your bag:
- Butternut-coconut curry sauce
- Jumbo shrimp
- Spiced basmati rice
- Sumac yogurt
What you’ll need from home:
- Medium saucepot
- Microwave-safe bowl
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
The Curry + Shrimp
- Pour your curry into a pot.
- Heat over medium, stirring occasionally, for around 10 minutes, or until warmed to your liking.
- With 2-3 minutes left on your curry warm up, stir your shrimp in. Add in a splash of water to adjust the thickness of the curry to your desired consistency.
- Adding water will impact seasoning, so make sure you taste the curry before you plate! Sprinkle in a little season with salt n’ peppa to taste!
- Put your rice in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with a damp paper towel.
- Heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until hot and steamy!
To serve, pile a big scoop of rice into a shallow bowl and pour some shrimpy curry over the top. Add a dollop of sumac yogurt on top and enjoy!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!