Hey y’all! What a pleasant surprise, nice to see you! You here for the shrimp and grits? Cool, cool. Us too. You try ‘em last time? They were sooo totally tasty—but tbh this version is the one that has a special place in our hearts! This time around the grits are a savory, cheesy blend with ricotta, fontina, Parmesan… shall we go on? The grits will be a base for your shrimp, in a blistered tomato-based broth. Braised collards + rainbow Swiss chard are also making an appearance (there’s a leeeetle bit of brown sugar in those for another layer of flavor!) Last but not least, pickled okra for our pickle people! We’re pickle people and we’re proud!
What’s in your bag:
- Shrimp in a smoked tomato saffron broth
- Stone ground cheddar grits with black pepper
- Braised collards + rainbow Swiss chard with pearl onions
- Pickled okra
What you’ll need from home:
- Saute pan
- Salt + pepper
Total prep time: 15 minutes
The Braised Collards + Rainbow Swiss Chard
- Warm your greens in a saute pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until warmed through.
- Grab a plate, transfer your greens to the plate leaving excess liquid behind, and cover to keep warm for now! Wash out your saute pan, you’ll need it for the shrimpies…
- In the same pan you used for the greens, pour your shrimp and broth in and warm over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes or until warmed through.
- Grab a small saute pan. For every portion of grits you ordered, add a couple tbsp water, and if you’d like, 1 pat of butter (so if you got 2, it would be 3 tbsp and 2 pats of butter. Ya know, math!) Bring it all to a simmer.
- Once you’ve got a good simmer, add the grits. Break them up with the back of a spoon, and stir until nice and smooth. Add more water as needed to thin it out.
- You might need more water than you think! Slow and steady wins the race, peeps. Add in a bit, then stir. Add a bit more, then stir some more.
- Over medium heat, keep stirring until the grits are bubbly, about 3-5 minutes. Once it’s hot, taste and season with salt and pepper!
Grab a shallow bowl and ladle your grits in there. Make a little divet for your shrimp on top!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO