The lettuce is just the vehicle, folks. The fresh and crunchy vehicle to get the good stuff (the shrimp, duh!) into your mouth. There aren’t any rules to assembly, though we think you probably have a plan already. Citrusy shrimp go in the lettuce wraps with slaw, pickles and peanut sauce. Jasmine rice goes on the side (omg just wait until you taste the lemongrass and lime in there!!) But all in all, who’s to say you can’t dip your wraps in the peanut sauce bite by bite? Or chop up your lettuce and make a big ol’ bowl? You are the artist, and there is no right or wrong way to create your masterpiece. Don’t forget to snap a pic— it’ll be gone before you know it!
What’s in your bag:
- Mango & papaya slaw
- Jasmine rice
- Tamarind peanut sauce
- Yuzu pickles
- Bibb lettuce for wrappin’
What you’ll need from home:
- Sheet tray or casserole dish
- 2 pieces of aluminum foil – one for lining, one for covering
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
The Shrimp & Rice
- On a large sheet tray or casserole dish, arrange the shrimp and rice side by side.
- Top with aluminum foil, and pop into the oven at 375F. Bake for 8-10 minutes ‘till hot, then remove the foil and give them a quick broil to caramelize slightly.
- Once it’s hot, it’s ready!
- Nothing here! Best served cold or at room temperature.
- You guessed it! Best served cold or at room temperature.
- One more for the people in the back! Best served cold or at room temperature.
To assemble, grab a plate and piece of lettuce. Top with shrimp, slaw, and pickles, then drizzle on your peanut sauce. Finally, give yourself a scoop of rice on the side. Boom, lettuce wraps.
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO