Rock shrimp? More like rock and roll shrimp… the Bob Dylan equivalents of undersea prawns… deep water jamming to good tunes… You can thank us later for that incredible mental image. Okay, okay, they may be named for their tough shells but we think rock and roll shrimp is a more fitting (and fun) name. These tasty shrimpies will be combined with your pasta, and plated over your roasted red pepper cream sauce packed with onions, Castelvetrano olives, cherry tomatoes, spinach, herbs and some lemon juice. Coat your Deano’s shrimp ravs in this saucey combo, top with gremolata, and you’re ready to rock (and roll!) Enjoy your Applefield Farm greens + radishes from Stowe, MA with our light white balsamic vinaigrette, and never, ever, forget about your focaccia 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Deano’s shrimp ravioli
- Rock shrimp
- Roasted red pepper cream sauce + veggies
- Green garlic + marcona almond gremolata
- Applefield Farm greens + radishes
- White balsamic vinaigrette
- Roasted garlic focaccia
What you’ll need from home:
- Big pot
- 2 sauté pans
- Mixing bowl
- Salt + pepper
- Sheet pan (optional)
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Drop the ravioli in a pot of boiling salted water and cook for about 4 minutes. They’ll float when they’re ready, but don’t hesitate to test them to make sure they’re done!
- Reserve about a half cup of pasta water.
- Strain the pasta.
The Rock Shrimp
- Over medium heat, add your rock shrimp with a couple tablespoons of your reserved pasta water to a sauté pan, and stir until warmed through, about 2-3 minutes.
- When the ravioli are done, throw them into your sauté pan with the rock shrimp and toss to combine.
- Once done, remove from heat. We’ll come back to this!
Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce
- Heat in a small sauté pan over medium low until the sauce starts to bubble and is nice and hot!
- Remove from heat. We’ll come back to this too!
- Throw the greens + radishes into a mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the white balsamic vinaigrette all over and toss!
- Easiest of them all! Pop it in the oven on a sheet pan or in the toaster until it gets as crispy as you want it.
Almost done! Spoon your roasted red pepper cream sauce into a shallow bowl. Add your ravioli + rock shrimp mixture on top. Sprinkle the gremolata all over! Grab a small side plate for your salad and focaccia. Dig in 🙂
And that’s it! Dinner served, dinner solved. #weareWECO