Watch out, lobstah roll. Our new crustacean salad sando is here to stake its claim to iconic summer meal fame. As with our Maine-style lobstah roll, these citrus-poached shrimpies are dressed in an herby-crunchy tarragon + celery aioli and served in a buttery brioche bun. But does the addition of steak fries with Old Bay aioli and a refreshing cucumber + cherry tomato salad give this dish the edge over its popular counterpart? Let us know after dinner! Are you #TeamLobsterRoll or #TeamShrimpRoll? (Or #TeamBoth? That works too!)
What’s in your bag:
- Citrus poached shrimp
- Celery + tarragon aioli
- New England-style brioche bun
- Steak fries + Old Bay aioli
- Cucumber + cherry tomato salad
- Little Leaf lettuce
What you’ll need from home:
- Mixing bowl
- Cutting board + knife
- Foil-lined sheet tray
- Saute pan + butter or oil (optional)
Total prep time: 8-10 minutes
The Shrimp and Celery + Tarragon aioli + Lettuce
- Add the shrimp and aioli to your mixing bowl, and use a spoon or spatula to gently combine.
- Give it a taste and season with salt + pepper to your liking! (Maybe a squeeze of lemon juice too?)
- Take your lettuce and give it a rough chop or tear it into smaller pieces, then set aside.
The Steak Fries
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Arrange the fries evenly on your foil-lined sheet tray and pop in the oven for 8 minutes.
The New England-Style Bun
Option #1 (recommended):
- Set a saute pan over medium with a little butter or oil.
- Once melted and hot, add your bun on its side and toast until golden brown.
- Flip your bun and repeat on the other side. When it’s all golden, remove and set it on your plate.
Option #2 (if you’d rather not use the stove!):
- Pop your roll in the toaster oven, air fryer, or oven until it’s hot and toasty!
Cucumber + Cherry Tomato Salad
- Best enjoyed cold or at room temperature!
Take your toasted bun and line with your lettuce as desired. Then, pile high with your dressed shrimp. Arrange your cuke salad, steak fries and Old Bay aioli on the side! Enjoy 🙂
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!