SHRRRRIIMMMPPPPPPP TRUCCCKKKK! We’ve got shrimp, which are delicious, and truck, which may be confusing because a truck is not something you eat. However, food trucks loosely inspired this meal, so we’re paying homage. Honestly, you probably can’t get more classic WECO than Shrimp Truck because it’s totally original. So basically, classic and unclassic – may be contradictory but in this case contradictory = mouthwatering so let’s go with it.
One quick heads up -the bok choy is a little spicy thanks to togarashi! Yum. For our anti-spicy friends, we recommend hogging the salad and rice and letting other hungry mouths devour the bok choy. Win-win for din-din.
What’s in your bag:
- Pineapple pico de gallo
- Bok choy
- Snap pea salad
- Lime dressing
What you’ll need from home:
- Optional: sheet tray with aluminum foil
- Microwave safe dish
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
To grill (our pick):
- Fire up the grill.
- Give each side of the shrimp a 1-2 minute sear.
- Spread them out in an even layer on a sheet tray lined with aluminum foil.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
The Bok Choy
Whichever adventure you choose for the shrimp, do the same for the bok choy! If grilling, 1-2 minutes each side; if broiling, 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Scoop it into a microwave safe dish.
- Place a damp paper towel on top and microwave for 2-3 minutes ‘til it’s nice and steamy!
- Shake that lime vinaigrette up!
- Toss the charred snap peas and leaves in a bowl and pour the dressing all over.
- Give it a season with salt + pepper, mix it all up and enjoy.
Grab a plate and add shrimp, bok choy, rice and salad. Dollop on some pineapple pico and enjoy this one-of-a-kind dinner!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO