So you might have seen our team on Instagram or TikTok (@wecohospitality) this week discussing WTF a shrimp truck is. Honestly, we still don’t know WTF it is. Here’s what we DO know: it’s bigger than a shrimp sedan (that’s for damn sure) but smaller than a shrimp bus. It’s crustacean transportation. It comes and goes, but always returns. It’s a concept, it’s an enigma…and it’s ever-so-elusive. It’s a shrimp truck! Beep beep! Coming in hot, all gas no brakes, with honey, garlic, and soy glazed shrimpies. Accompanied by mind-blowing mango rice, with shiso (an herb in the mint family, think notes of cinnamon and cloves) and opal basil. Baby bok choy with togarashi (chili flake based seasoning) alongside tasty green beans and mushrooms make for the perfect shrimp truck sides. Shrimp truck out, deuces!
What’s in your bag:
- Tomato + scallion pico de gallo
- Mango rice
- Baby bok choy
- Green beans + shiitake mushrooms
What you’ll need from home:
- Optional: sheet tray with aluminum foil
- Microwave safe dish
- Saute pan
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
The Shrimp and Bok Choy
- Spread your shrimpies out in an even layer on one half of a sheet tray lined with aluminum foil.
- Place your bok choy on the other half.
- Broil on low for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Scoop it into a microwave safe dish.
- Place a damp paper towel on top and microwave for 2-3 minutes ‘til it’s nice and steamy!
The Green Beans + Shiitake Mushrooms
- Toss in a saute pan for 3-4 minutes
- Give green beans and mushrooms a stir every couple of minutes until heated through.
Grab a plate and add shrimp, bok choy, rice, and veggies. Dollop on some pico and enjoy this one-of-a-kind shrimp truck dinner!
Beep beep 🙂
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO