Here’s a fun little history lesson for you: Apparently, wayyyyy back in 1927, the first official recipe for s’mores was published. Appearing in a Girl Scout guidebook, they were called a “some more.” And, well, no surprises as to how that name came to be. All it takes is one bite of these iconic gooey-chocolatey-crunchy cookie sandwiches before you’re saying, “Gimme some more, please!!!” Moral of the story is: Thank you, Girl Scouts! (And Chef Emily, for the bomb homemade graham crackers… And VT chocolatier Lake Champlain, for the exquisite small-batch organic milk chocolate.)
Total prep time: 5-7 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Lake Champlain Chocolates milk chocolate bar
- Chef Emily’s homemade graham crackers
- Vegan vanilla marshmallows
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray (for Option #2)
How to Prep:
Option #1 (over a campfire!):
We probably don’t need to explain this one to you. Marshmallow goes on stick, stick goes over fire… you know the drill! The only question is: Are you on Team Golden Brown or Team Marshmallows Ablaze? Chef Matt prefers his marshmallows totally torched, but as always, you do you!
Option #2 (in the oven):
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Place 4 of your graham crackers on a sheet tray and top each with some chocolate and a marshmallow.
- Pop your tray in the oven for 3-5 minutes — but don’t go anywhere! Keep an eye on your s’mores the entire time to make sure they don’t burn or get tooooo melty.
- When the marshmallows are toasted to your liking, remove carefully from the oven and top with the remaining graham crackers.
- EAT ‘EM UP.
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!