There are few things in life we love more than bread and cheese: And we think tonight’s tasty eats are one of the BEST combinations of bread and cheese out there. Beer + cheese = magic. And then you pair it with warm soft pretzels from our friends at Eastern Standard Provisions? Say no more. SAY NO MORE!
Well, actually we’ll say just a couple words more: The beer in tonight’s beer cheese is a stout because Chef Matt loves the subtle roasty flavor it adds. And not to worry, there’s no alcohol in the sauce ‘cause it’s all cooked off. Just some wonderful flavors left behind, perfect for pretzel dipping! If you eat your beer cheese with a spoon, we would absolutely never judge you. We support it.
What’s in your bag:
- Your ooey gooey beer cheese
- 6 Eastern Standard Provisions pretzel twists
- Salt (for your pretzels)
What you’ll need from home:
- A pot (ceramic or non-stick is best) or microwave-safe dish
- An aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
Total prep time: 7-10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Pop pretzels on your foil-lined sheet tray.
- To salt, dampen your index finger with water then brush a little over each. Not a lot! Just a little. (This will help the salt stick.) Sprinkle your salt over your pretzels. Woot!
- Heat in the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until warmed through.
The Beer Cheese
- Pour into a microwave safe bowl and heat in 1 minute intervals, stirring frequently!
- Pour cheese into a pot and set over medium-low heat.
- The name of the game is to heat it through without scorching or allowing separation, so stirring continuously is important. Keep it movin’!
- Once it’s hot and steamy, you’re good! It should take about 7-10 minutes.
When warmed, pour the beer-cheesy deliciousness into a serving bowl and arrange your pretzels around. No fancy plating here. This one is for getting down and dirty and dipping with FERVOR. FER. VOR.
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!