Aww shucks… we hate to be corny… but these cakes are a-maize-ing! Chef Matt discussed this recipe in the kitchen months ago, and quite honestly, Sophie (on our marketing team) couldn’t stop thinking about it. What can we say, she loves corn. Seriously, loves it. On the cob, polenta, corn bread, all of it. She could tell you all about it. It has the juice! After much pestering, and some pretty cringey puns, these cakes’ debut has finally arrived. We hope you enjoy!
Total prep time: 5 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Your corny cakes and black beans
- Tortilla strips, slaw + apple cider vinaigrette
What you’ll need from home:
- A bowl!
How to prep:
- Remove the lid and corny cakes from your container and place them on the side, leaving the black beans in.
- Microwave the beans for 1-2 minutes.
- Add your corny cakes back in, and microwave for 30 seconds more. Those cakes don’t need too long!
- Mix your slaw and apple cider vinaigrette in your bowl.
- Assembly time! Place your beans on top of each corn cake.
- Next, the slaw goes on top, and then the tortilla strips as the final touch! Enjoy 🙂
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO