Aww shucks… we hate to be corny… but these cakes are a-maize-ing! When Chef Matt first discussed this recipe in the test kitchen, Sophie (on our marketing team), couldn’t stop thinking about it. What can we say, she loves corn. Seriously, loves it. On the cob, polenta, corn bread, all of it. After much pestering, and some pretty cringey puns, we thought it only right to dedicate these cakes to her. We hope you enjoy!
Total prep time: 5 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Your corny cakes and refried black beans
- Tortilla strips, slaw + apple cider vin
What you’ll need from home:
- A microwave-safe plate
- A bowl
How to prep:
- Scoop your beans onto one side of a microwave-safe plate, and microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Place your corny cakes on the other side of the plate with the beans, and microwave for 30 seconds more. Those cakes don’t need too long!
- Mix your slaw and apple cider vinaigrette in your bowl.
- Assembly time! Place your beans on top of each corn cake. Slaw goes on top next, and then garnish with the tortilla strips as the final touch! Enjoy 🙂
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!