Call us Captain Obvious at this point, but food is our love language. We like it. We REALLY like it (love it). So here we are talking about soup, and soup truly is love in a bowl. It fixes things. It makes you feel better. It warms you up inside. And when it’s rainy (or sunny) out and you’re feelin’ some typa way, pour that soup in a pot and… your problem is solved! Well, almost, and now you have warm soup. Sounds like a crisis averted to us. And if you don’t have a problem to solve? There’s no wrong time for love and soup.
Remember, you can sip on your soups right now (like, RIGHT NOW!) or you can save ‘em for later in the freezer… you call the shots, boss!
What’s in your bag:
- Your soup (tomato bisque or cream of wild mushroom, depending on which you chose)
- Gluten-free rolls
- Shredded smoked chicken (if you ordered it!)
What you’ll need from home:
- A pot
- Salt and pepper
- Sheet tray
Total prep time: 10 minutes
Note: If you ordered the chicken, add the chicken to the soup at the end of the heating process with about 3-4 minutes left!
- Pour the soup into your pot.
- Heat on medium until warmed to your liking, stirring occasionally to distribute the heat evenly. This should take around 8-10 minutes.
- Taste test (carefully, it’s hot!) a spoonful of your soup. When warmed to your liking, season with S + P to taste, then ladle your soup into a bowl and ENJOY!
Option 1: Toast ‘em up in the toaster oven until warm.
Option 2: Preheat the oven to 350F. Place your rolls on an aluminum foil lined sheet tray and then in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
Freezing everything for later? No problem! Toss in the freezer, and when you’re ready to enjoy, pop in the fridge for 24 hours (or until fully thawed) and follow the steps above 🙂
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.