Call us Captain Obvious at this point, but food is our love language. We like it. We REALLY like it (love it). So here we are talking about soup, and soup truly is love in a bowl. It fixes things. It makes you feel better. It warms you up inside. Like duct tape on your broken kitchen cabinet, ya just slap it on there and your problem is solved. And when it’s rainy (or sunny) out and you’re feelin’ some typa way, pour that soup in a pot and… your problem is solved! Well, almost, and now you have warm soup. Sounds like a crisis averted to us. And if you don’t have a problem to solve? There’s no wrong time for love and soup.
Remember, you can sip on your soups right now (like, RIGHT NOW!) or you can save ‘em for later in the freezer… you call the shots, boss!
What’s in your bag:
- Your soup duo (curried coconut butternut soup and street corn chowder)
- Shrimp (if you ordered them!)
What you’ll need from home:
- A pot
- Salt and pepper
Total prep time: 10 minutes
How to Prep:
Note: If you ordered shrimp, add them to the soup at the end of the heating process with about 2-3 minutes left. They won’t need too much time, you don’t want to overcook those beauties 🙂
- Pour the soup into your pot.
- Heat on medium until warmed to your liking, stirring occasionally to distribute the heat evenly. This should take around 8-10 minutes.
- Taste test (carefully, it’s hot!) a spoonful of your soup. Warm enough? Perfect—season with a little salt and pepper if you’d like, stir, and remove the soup from heat.
- If it needs more time, keep heating and stirring for a few more minutes!
- Ladle your soup into a bowl. Feelin’ fancy? Maybe lightly drizzle a little olive oil on top and finish with a crack of pepper.
- Just toast it up in the toaster oven!
Freezing your soups for later? No problem! Freeze in their containers (focaccia and shrimp too!) and when you’re ready to enjoy, pop them in the fridge for 24 hours (or until fully thawed) and follow the steps above 🙂
And that’s it! Dinner served, dinner solved. #weareWECO