Cooking lesson time with WECO! Spatchcock chicken is a chicken that is split with the backbone and ribs removed. It soaks up WAY more flavor this way, and cooks faster and more evenly too! Some may say it is a superior way to prepare chicken. Your chicken tonight is roasted to perfection and paired with a leek salsa verde. Green beans and a biscuit simply because they’re delicious and delicious makes you happy, so we’re doing it. The farro and cuke salad contributes some whole grains and a refreshing crunch. Dig in, don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty, and enjoy that chicken!
What’s in your bag:
- Leek salsa verde
- Green beans
- Buttermilk biscuit
- Farro and Persian cucumber salad
What you’ll need from home:
- Sheet tray with aluminum foil
- Optional: your grill
- Small saucepan
Total prep time: 15 minutes
The Chicken – Two options! Grilling or broiling.
To bake + broil:
- Set your oven to 450F. Place chicken, skin side up, on a foil lined sheet tray.
- Pop it in for 8-10 minutes
- Then set your oven to low broiler.
- Move the tray up under the broiler and broil for 3-4 minutes ‘til the skin is crispy.
To grill (for you adventurous types):
- Place the chicken skin side up on the hottest part of the grill. Grill for 3 minutes.
- Once you’ve got some good char marks, flip to the skin side and leave it for another 3 minutes.
- Flip again, let it sit for another 2-3 minutes.
- One more flip for about a minute, then done!
The Green Beans
- In a small saucepan, toss the green beans in and heat on medium heat until warm, around 5 minutes.
Get it hot however you want to get it hot. Toast, grill, etc.
The Farro Salad and Leek Salsa Verde
Cold is the move! Leave it be 🙂
The salsa verde goes well on the chicken, and the biscuit definitely deserves a little butter if you’re in the mood! Green beans and biscuit on the side. You’re good to go!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO