What do we want? Spring BBQ! When do we want it? Now!
Okay, maybe in 15 or so because we have to preheat the oven…LOL! This meal SCREAMS comfort food, and what better than comfort food on this fine spring Friday, with the week behind us, and weekend plans on the horizon!? (Or lack thereof, if you’re in our boat, no plans no problem ;P) Today deserves celebration, and pulled pork, mac + cheese, slaw, and cornbread are definitely the way to do it. Stretchy pants recommended, napkins necessary. It’s a sheet tray kinda meal, and you could even ditch the saute pan if you wanted to toss your cornbread in the oven for a couple of minutes with the rest of the goodies. Easy peasy, gimme mac + cheesy!
What’s in your bag:
- Cider braised pulled pork
- WECO bbq sauce
- Mac + cheese w/ garlic panko
- Cabbage and spring vegetable slaw
- Sweet chili aioli
- Cream cheese cornbread
What you’ll need from home:
- Sheet tray with aluminum foil
- Saute pan
- Casserole dish
Total prep time: 20 minutes
The Pulled Pork & Mac + Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Drizzle foil lined sheet tray with a little olive oil.
- Toss the pork on one side of the tray, and pour some of the bbq sauce over it. Pop your uncovered mac + cheese on the other side.
- Cook for 10 minutes and carefully pull the tray out of the oven. Maneuver the pork around with a fork to ensure even heating!
- Toss back in the oven for 8-10 more minutes. Take it all out when the pulled pork is warmed through and the mac is nice and toasty!
- Pour the slaw in a bowl, add the aioli to your liking, (stay light to start, you don’t wanna overdo it) and mix it up!
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and toast the corn bread until it reaches a golden brown color.
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO