Did you wear ‘em? Your stretchy pants? Well you’re gonna need ‘em, ‘cause your pulled pork is here and you’ve got some chowing to do 😉 We braised the pulled pork with cumin, paprika and apple cider vinegar, then deglazed the pan (adding liquid so all the flavorful stuff at the bottom gets reincorporated!) with bourbon. Don’t worry, the alcohol cooks off! Then we added the rest of the BBQ sauce ingredients, did a little mix-mixy, and prepped and packaged it for you to enjoy. The beauty of it all… is that tonight, all you gotta do is toss it in the oven! We love cooking for you, peeps! Enjoy 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Cider-braised pulled pork
- WECO bourbon BBQ sauce
- Cheddar mac + cheese with garlic panko
- Shaved cabbage + spring vegetable slaw
- Sweet chili aioli
- Cream cheese cornbread
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil lined sheet tray + extra foil
Total prep time: 25-30 minutes
The Pulled Pork and Mac + Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Remove the lid to your mac + cheese and cover it tightly with foil. Set it on one side of your foil-lined sheet tray and pop the whole thing in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove your tray from the oven, and remove the foil lid from the mac.
- Add the pork to the open side of the tray and pour that BBQ sauce over the top. Make sure to give it a mix so it’s well incorporated! Then, back into the oven it all goes for another 20 minutes.
- When the pork is warm and the mac is hot + bubbly, it’s ready to go!
- When your pork and mac is close to ready, wrap your cornbread in aluminum foil and pop it in the oven alongside the tray of pork and mac. Leave it in there until it is warmed through, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the slaw in a bowl and add in the aioli to your liking (stay light to start, you don’t wanna overdo it). Mix, mix, mix it up!
To serve, keep it casual: Pile up your plate with a scoop each of pork, mac, and slaw. Piece of cornbread goes on the side for soaking up any sauciness leftover on the plate.
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!