It’s duck confit day, yippee! Tonight you’ve got two options for your duck heating process, however we’ll admit we are totally on team Option #2. It helps get that duck skin crispy as heck and the end result will melt in your mouth. You do you, though, it’s gonna be TOTALLY delish whichever road you take (props to the culinary team, we heart you!).
And to our dear duck confit devotees: Please don’t come for us for swapping out the cherry gastrique in this version. We know you love it– we love it too!! (And promise it’ll make a comeback.) But we think you’re gonna fall just as hard for this new sweet-tangy-crunchy-minty condiment and its ability to amplify the deliciousness of your confit encounter.
What’s in your bag:
- Lemon + peppercorn cured duck leg
- Bulgur with pomegranate seeds + pickled celery
- Za’atar spiced asparagus
- Golden raisin-pistachio chutney
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Cast iron pan/non-stick pan (for duck Option #2)
- Microwave-safe bowl
Total prep time: 15-20 minutes
- Place on an aluminum foil-lined sheet tray skin-side up and bake at 400F for 10-12 minutes, then broil for another 1-2 to crisp skin.
Option #2 (preferred, takes a bit longer):
- Pull out your skillet or pan, and add in 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil or butter. Heat on medium.
- Once warm, lay the duck skin-side down in the pan.
- Fry and render out the skin until it is perfectly golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Once the skin is ready, flip the leg over to warm the other side for another 3-4 minutes. The meat should start to pull away from the bone when done!
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on your foil-lined sheet tray and lay your asparagus on there.
- Heat for 8-10 minutes, or until warmed to your liking.
- Transfer your bulgur to a microwave-safe container and cover with a damp paper towel. Heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until hot and steamy!
Place the duck, asparagus, and bulgur trio on your plate. Dollop on some of that chutney, and ATTACK! Quack.
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!