Look, we know y’all have some serious love for our classic Shorty + Polenta. And they say don’t mess with a classic… But we just couldn’t help ourselves, ok??
We’ve switched things up quite a bit: Hearty, cheesy polenta has been swapped out for a shallot + thyme-infused mash of earthy-sweet parsnips. We’ve said buh-bye to roasted broccoli and helloooooo to a bright mix of onions, cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts + kale kissed with tangy balsamic. And, last but not least, we’re finishing it all off with an extra jus-cy red wine jus 😉
What’s in your bag:
- Braised boneless short rib
- Braising liquid
- Mashed parsnips with shallot + thyme
- Balsamic roasted cipollini onions, cherry tomatoes + artichoke hearts with Lacinato kale
- Red wine jus
What you’ll need from home:
- Casserole dish
- Medium saucepan
- Microwave-safe bowl
Total prep time: 20-30 minutes
The Mashed Parsnips + Veggies
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Place your mashed parsnips and roasted veggies next to each other in your casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until warmed to your liking.
- Place a medium saucepan on the stove over medium heat and pour in the braising liquid. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the short rib to the pot, turn the heat down to medium-low, and cover with a lid. Set a timer for 3 minutes. When it dings, flip the shorty over, and heat for another 3 min.
- After a total of 6 minutes, remove the lid and poke the short rib. When it’s tender and hot, you’re all done!
- When the shorty, mash, and veggies are almost done, heat your jus in a microwave-safe bowl for 1-2 minutes until hot.
Plate it up by spooning the parsnip mash onto the center of your plate, then place the shorty on top with a generous drizzle of jus, and the veggies alongside it.
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!