What’s better on a Monday evening than a layered pasta cake? We were once told that life is uncertain, and to eat dessert first, so here it is! Your savory, spring veggie filled pasta cake. Building these babies is an artform, our culinary crew knows that. As Matt expresses to them on lasagna building day, “Godspeed, may the force be with you.” He knows that jedi-like skills are required in lasagna assembly, and it’s a good thing our crew is a bunch of jedis. They may not have lightsabers, but they truly are guardians of peace in the kitchen. Now Star Wars aside, get that sucker in the oven! It may take some time, but it’ll be worth it. Patience, young padawan.
What’s in your bag:
- Your veggie lasagna
- Little Leaf greens
- Apple cider vinaigrette
- Chef Theo’s famous garlic bread
What you’ll need from home:
- Casserole dish
- Olive oil
- Salt and peppa
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
Total prep time: 25 minutes
- Drizzle olive oil lightly over your casserole dish to prevent sticking. We want a dish that fits your lasagna as snug as possible (you can get creative— a bread pan or a small oven-safe pan with high sides)
- Place your lasagna in the dish— cover with tin foil.
- Place in the oven at 350F for 10-15 minutes. Remove the foil and back in for another 10. Take a peek. Does it need more time to get all melty and ooey-gooey? Give it 5-10 minutes more if need be.
- Throw the greens into a mixing bowl.
- Season with s + p.
- Drizzle the apple cider vinaigrette over the top.
- Toss toss toss!
The Garlic Bread
- Easiest of them all! Pop it in the oven on a sheet tray or in the toaster until it gets as crispy as you want it.
Assembly for this is super easy. Scoop out your lasagna making sure to get every cheesy, tomato-y bit onto your plate. Salad goes on the side, as does the garlic bread. CHOW TIME!
And that’s it! Dinner served, dinner solved. #weareWECO