Happy Halloween, Fam! Don’t be spooked by the dark demeanor of this tagliatelle from Deano’s- we promise you it’s all treat and no trick 🙂 It’s tradition to pair the rich, slightly briny flavor of squid ink pasta with seafood so we figured that serving it with lemony-garlicky shrimp would haunt your tastebuds (in a good way). And aside from giving the dish a nice acidic pop, we really love how the blistered cherry tomatoes totally match the gory vibe. Happy devouring!
What’s in your bag:
- Deano’s squid ink tagliatelle
- Lemon + garlic marinated shrimp
- Blistered cherry tomatoes, torn herbs + garlic in a white wine + butter sauce
- Lemon breadcrumbs
- Roasted broccoli
What you’ll need from home:
- Big pot
- Aluminum foil lined sheet tray
- S + P
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Boil a cauldron– er, pot!-of salted water.
- Once boiling, drop in the tagliatelle, making sure to stir to help prevent sticking. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, and carefully test a noodle for doneness.
- Reserve about a cup of pasta water.
- Strain the pasta.
The White Wine + Butter Sauce and Shrimp
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until warmed—about 5-6 minutes.
- Toss in a pat of butter to finish the sauce.
- Use a few splashes of the reserved pasta water from the tagliatelle to thin out the sauce if you’d like—your call!
- Throw the shrimp in next, then add your pasta too.
- Give it a mix, and add more pasta water as needed.
- Grab a fork and try a bite! Need a little s + p? Add some to your taste!
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Toss your broccoli on the sheet tray and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until warmed to your liking!
Plate your pasta in a shallow bowl, your broccoli can go on the side. Top your pasta with a sprinkle of lemon breadcrumbs and dig in!
And that’s it! Dinner served, dinner solved. #weareWECO