First off, “Steak Au Poivre” is French for steak with peppercorns. It sounds nicer when you say it in French!
A huge thank you to our new friends at Big Picture Beef—all grass-fed, and pasture-raised in New England and New York for the win! This beef is 100% grass-fed, otherwise known as grass-finished. This means it’s pasture—raised on grass alone, no grain, leading to leaner muscle. An earthier flavor actually means you’re eating beef from a cow that was nourished and treated well. Thanks for being part of the solution when it comes to beef consumption!
We hope you enjoy dinner tonight, Fam 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Peppercorn cognac sauce
- Truffle parmesan butter
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- A serious appetite
Total prep time: 15 minutes
We’re going to keep this easy because let’s be honest, we know you can’t wait! (We can’t either.)
First things first, preheat your oven to 450F.
The Steak, Potatoes, and Broccoli
- Put the potatoes on one side of an aluminum foil-lined sheet tray.
- Pop it in the oven and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- When the timer dings, put the broccoli and the steak on the other side of the sheet tray.
- Cook for 5 MORE minutes to get it all roasty toasty.
- If you prefer your steak on the well-done end of the spectrum, pull out the potatoes and broccoli and give that beautiful steak some additional heat to get to your perfect doneness.
Slice the steak against the grain at a 45 degree angle and put it on a plate next to the broccoli and potatoes. Truffle parmesan butter on the potatoes, ample amounts of the peppercorn cognac sauce on the steak! Or on everything— it’s your dinner!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO