Welp, Mrs. Chips is still on vacation so no Taco Tuesday, but honestly that’s fine with us because we’re feelin’ a little fancy—we’re going big with Steak Frites (pronounced Steak FREET). Meet (meat?) your steak—tender, grass-fed, local top sirloin steak from our newest partner, Walden Local Meat Co. And meet your frites—wedge cut sweet potato fries. And we know it’s not called Steak Frites avec Asperges, but we’re adding crunchy green stalks of asparagus for good measure. It’s go time!
What’s in your bag:
- Pistachio romesco
- Sweet potato fries
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
Total prep time: 15 minutes
We’re going to keep this easy because let’s be honest, we know you can’t wait! (We can’t either.)
First things first, preheat your oven to 450F.
The Steak, Frites, and Asparagus
- Put the sweet potatoes on one side of an aluminum foil-lined sheet tray.
- Pop it in the oven and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- When the timer dings, put the asparagus and the steak on the other side of the sheet tray.
- Cook for 5 MORE minutes to get it all roasty toasty.
- If you prefer your steak on the well-done end of the spectrum, pull out the frites and asparagus and give that beautiful steak some additional heat to get to your perfect temperature.
Slice the steak across the grain and put it on a plate next to the asparagus and frites. Then drizzle on ample amounts of pistachio romesco!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO