Steak frites? More like steak fri(eaking delicious)tes! Hahaha… okay that one needs some work, we’ll admit it. Ok but on the bright side, you know what doesn’t need (much) work? Your tasty dinner. The tenderloin steak you’ve got tonight is, yes you guessed it, one of the most tender cuts! Hence, tenderloin! We paired your tender as-heck-steak with sweet potato fries (your frites) seasoned with everything spice, as well as some roasted asparagus. Plus there’s homemade ketchup and cashew romesco for good measure. ‘Cause we know y’all LOVE a good sauce. And we love you.
What’s in your bag:
- Cashew romesco
- Sweet potato fries
- Homemade ketchup
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Sauté pan
Total prep time: 15 minutes
The Fries and Asparagus
- Preheat your oven to 450F
- Put the sweet potatoes on one side of an aluminum foil-lined sheet tray.
- Pop it in the oven and set a timer for 8-10 minutes.
- When the timer dings, put the asparagus on the other side of the sheet tray.
- Cook for 5 MORE minutes to get it all roasty toasty.
- Heat a small sauté pan over medium-high heat, and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add your steak to the pan and sear for 1-2 minutes, turning occasionally so that it gets nice and brown all over!
- Remove the steak from the pan and allow it to rest for a few minutes before digging in.
Slice the steak up and put it on a plate next to the asparagus and fries. Drizzle on ample amounts of cashew romesco, and dig in! Oh, and the ketchup is for the frites but we figured you knew that 😉
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO