It’s not a JEYE-roh it’s a YEE-roh! Like, rhymes with hero. Like, Superman. Or Batman. Or the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Anyways, gyro or hero, this delicious sandwich style meal is sure to save the day. Minimal reheating, easy assembly, and no forks required. You can lather some tzatziki on your flatbread, and if you’re up to it, pile on all the toppings. Steak, tzatziki, baba ganoush, salad, and farro. Chef Matt is an advocate for putting the farro on your gyro, instead of leaving it on the side. If you’d rather the dip-your-flatbread-into-the-baba-and-tzatziki route, go for it. You got this.
What’s in your bag:
- Shaved sirloin steak
- Dill + lemon tzatziki
- Baba ganoush
- Cucumber + tomato salad
- Toasted farro
What you’ll need from home:
- Sheet tray with aluminum foil
- Olive oil
- Saute pan
- Microwave (optional)
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil onto your foil-lined sheet tray and place the steak mixture on the tray in a pile. Leave room for the flatbread if you’re heating the flatbread in the oven.
- Heat for around 8-10 minutes or until warmed through.
Option #1: Place your flatbread on your sheet tray with 3-4 minutes left on your steak timer. Take out when steak is done.
Option #2: Place in the microwave for 10-20 seconds (err on the side of less) or until warmed through.
- Drizzle some olive oil in a saute pan and turn on medium heat.
- When the oil is glistening, toss the farro in, stir, and heat for 3-5 minutes or until warmed through.
The Cucumber + Tomato Salad, Baba Ganoush, and Tzatziki
- Best served cold or at room temp!
Grab a plate and assemble your gyro! You can make it a sandwich, dip your flatbread in the tzatziki + baba ganoush, or any combination of the two!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO