Well Fam, this gyro (pronounced YEE-roh!) is truly the epitome of versatility. Pile your flatbread high with all the toppings, we are in full support! Or maybe opt for a gyro plate or spread. Dip your steak + flatbread in mountains of baba ganoush and tzatziki with a sprinkle of toasted farro. It’s totally up to you, the more creative the better! We know, we know! Our parents told us not to play with our food but in our opinion, the more fun you have with your food… the better it tastes 🙂 Permission to play Fam!
What’s in your bag:
- Shaved sirloin steak
- Dill + lemon tzatziki
- Baba ganoush
- Cucumber + tomato salad
- Toasted farro
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil lined sheet tray
- Olive oil
- Non-stick pan
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil onto your sheet tray and lay the steak out evenly. Leave room for the flatbread if you’re heating the flatbread in the oven.
- Heat for around 8-10 minutes or until warmed through.
Option #1: Place your flatbread on your sheet tray with 3-4 minutes left on your steak timer. Take out when steak is done.
Option #2: Place in the microwave for 10-20 seconds (err on the side of less) or until warmed through.
- Drizzle a liiiiiittle bit of olive oil in a non-stick pan and turn on medium heat.
- When the oil is glistening, toss the farro in, stir, and heat for 3-5 minutes or until warmed through.
The Cucumber + Tomato Salad, Baba Ganoush, and Tzatziki
- Best served cold or at room temp!
Grab a plate and assemble your gyro! You can make it a sandwich, dip your flatbread in the tzatziki + baba ganoush, or any combination of the two!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO