This gyro (pronounced YEE-roh!) is truly the epitome of versatility. Pile your flatbread high with all the toppings and enjoy it open-faced-sandwich-style, or plate it up as a spread. Dip your steak and flatbread in mountains of baba ganoush and tzatziki while enjoying bites of farro on the side. It’s totally up to you– the more creative the better! We know, we know… Our parents told us not to play with our food but if you ask us, the more fun you have with your food, the better it tastes. Permission to play, Fam!
What’s in your bag:
- Shaved sirloin steak with peppers + onions
- Cucumber + cherry tomato salad
- Farro with preserved lemon + harissa
- Dill + lemon tzatziki
- Smoked eggplant baba ganoush
- Naan flatbread
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Microwave-safe bowl
Total prep time: 12-15 minutes
The Steak + Flatbread
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil onto one side of your sheet tray and lay the steak out evenly.
- Pop it in the oven for 8 minutes!
- Carefully place your flatbread on the other side of your sheet tray.
- Heat for another 4-6 minutes, until the steak is nice and hot and the flatbread is a lil’ toasty.
- We’re going microwave! Place your farro in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with a damp paper towel, and heat for 1-2 minutes, or until hot.
The Cucumber + Tomato Salad, Baba Ganoush, and Tzatziki
- Best served cold or at room temp!
Grab a plate and assemble your gyro! Make it a sandwich, make it a plate, make it a combo of the two… just make it disappear 😉
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!