We can’t tell you how excited we are to bring more gyros into your life. Shout out to everyone who voted for this one as a Fam Favorite. How could it not be, though? The best part about this meal is that really, you can make it however you want with whichever sauces you prefer. Team baba ganoush? Great. Team tzatziki? Also great. Team mash up? That’s where we are, but hey, you do you. The sauces really do make this dish, but we also give props to the beautiful shaved sirloin steak you’re about to devour. That’s right, we said it. Devour! Get to it 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Shaved sirloin steak
- Baba ganoush
- Cherry tomato + cucumber salad
- Toasted farro
What you’ll need from home:
- Sheet tray and tin foil
- Optional pan for the farro
Total prep time: 10 minutes
The big beefy sandwiches aka gyros
- Put the beef on a sheet tray lined with tin foil. Spread it out in an even layer, but leave some pieces a bit taller than the rest — we want them to get that nice crispy crunchy charred flavor!
- Broil the beef on high for 3-4 minutes.
- Check the temp, stir it up, and broil a bit longer if needed to get the beef nice and hot.
- Take the flatbread and toast it in a toaster oven. No toaster oven? We gotchu. Just stack it on top of the meat in the broiler for just under a minute to get a quick flash of heat.
- Gyro time! Split that flatbread bread open. Spread the baba ganoush on, add the steak, and then drizzle with tzatziki.
- Eat it cold! So really, there are no steps. The salad has so much fresh herby lemon flavor and we don’t want the heat to zap it away.
- If you do want it hot, use a saute pan with a bit of water ‘til it’s steamy.
The Tomato + Cukes
- Obviously you aren’t going to heat this up. Put it on the gyro or eat it on the side – choose your own adventure!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served.