We’d call this dinna “steak + potato” but that sounds 10000x less fun. “Steak + ‘tato” it is! Cha feel? Well… truthfully, it should be called “compound butter, steak + ‘tato” cus we all know the real reason we’re here tonight: that compound butter we whipped up for you. We roasted whole cloves of garlic until caramelized and tender, combined that with rosemary, parsley, shallots and butter, and the result is something kinda life changing. You can put that shit on anything! Seriously. Don’t limit yourself to trying it on the ‘tato. Try it on the broccoli rabe, try it on the steak! Compound butter solves most problems and we’ll stand by that. Every damn day. Butter it up, peeps!
What’s in your bag:
- Herb roasted beef medallions
- Red wine bordelaise
- Charred rosemary compound butter
- Blistered broccoli rabe with Calabrian chilis
- Hasselback potato
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil lined sheet tray
- Small saucepan
Total prep time: 20 minutes
The Hasselback Potato
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Place your potato on your aluminum foil lined sheet tray and pop in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
The Beef Tenderloin & Broccoli Rabe
- When you have 6ish minutes left on your timer, add your beautiful meaty friends and tiny lil trees (your tenderloin medallions and broccoli rabe) onto the sheet tray and pop it back in the oven.
- Spoon your bordelaise into a small saucepan and heat over medium-low until warm and saucy.
- Finish with a lil bit of your compound butter because we put that stuff in/on everything. Stir, stir, stir to emulsify.
Plating time! The trio of potato, broccoli rabe, and the medallions go on there, then a little butter goes on everything. The bordelaise comes last and goes over the medallions, to melt that compound butter, if it isn’t already melty 🙂
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO