Thank you to Chef Matt M for transporting us to the bustling streets of New York City tonight. Can’t you picture it? Bobbing and weaving down the avenue in a hurry like the busy bee you are, when suddenly, the intoxicating smell of spices and meat roasting on the grill comes billowing out from a nearby cart and you realize, “DANG, I am hungry!”
We hope that you are coming hungry, Fam, because our ode to NYC’s famous halal street cart fare is one full plate. You’ve got your tender, slow-roasted + marinated chicken thigh and earthy turmeric rice, plus alllllll the works for topping. Crunchy pickled veggies, mint-laced fresh tomatoes, and of course, red and white sauces. Harissa-based red to bring the heat, lemon zesty white to bring cooling balance. Sounds like a street cart chicken named desire if you ask us. We hope you enjoy!
What’s in your bag:
- Marinated + slow-roasted chicken thigh
- Turmeric rice
- Garlic naan
- Pickled veggie slaw
- Marinated diced tomatoes
- Street cart-style white sauce
- Harissa hot sauce
What you’ll need from home:
- Saute pan
- Microwave-safe bowl
Total prep time: 10 minutes
- Heat a sauté pan over medium and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Toss in your chicken and heat for 3-4 minutes, or until warmed to your liking. Make sure to stir frequently to help prevent sticking!
The Tumeric Rice
- We’re going microwave! Scoop the rice into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 1-2 minutes.
The Garlic Naan
- Heat in a toaster or the oven until it’s hot and a little crisp.
- Best served cold!
Heaping spoonful of rice goes on your plate first, then arrange your chicken right on top. Top away with your tomatoes and pickled veggies! Drizzle away with your sauces! (Maybe just start light with the red one, it packs a punch.) Garlicky naan goes on the side for scoopin’ up big bites with a little bit of everything.
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!