Street corn…chowder? Yes, you read that right. All of the delicious glory of a street corn in the form of a chowder, for easy consumption. Street corn is also called “elote” which translates to corn on the cob. It is often topped with mayo, chili powder, lime juice, and cotija cheese. Our chowda-licious version is a twist on this, with cotija to add on top! If you’re unfamiliar with cotija, let’s compare it to a mild feta. It’s absolutely divine and deserves to be dumped all over the chowder. Here’s a crazy idea, maybe grab those tortilla chips in your cabinet and scoop up the chowder or crumble them atop? Just an idea…don’t call us crazy… 😉
Total prep time: 8-10 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Your chowdaaa
- Some cotija (coh-tee-hah)
What you’ll need from home:
- A pot + spoon!
- Maybe a bowl if you don’t want to eat directly from the pot.
How to prep:
- Pop the pot on the stove and fill it with the chowder.
- Heat on medium until warmed to your liking, stirring on occasion to distribute the heat evenly. About 8-10 minutes.
- Once your chowder is nice and steamy, remove from heat.
- Pour into your bowl and top with cotija!
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO