There are few things we love more than taste testing Deano’s ravs. Mostly because we’ve never met a Deano’s rav we didn’t like, so taste testing is basically just our team sitting in the kitchen eating all the ravs JP cooked up and smiling hehe 🙂 These farmer’s market ravs had us cheesin’ real huge, cus how can you go wrong when you stuff a cute little pasta pillow with carrots, corn, peas, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, and mascarpone cheeeeese? You can’t. And when you pair them with this veggie balsamic sugo? It’s a veggies up the wazoo kinda day, and that’s the only way we want our veggies. What do we want? VEGETABLES! And when do we want them? NOW! Go forth and enjoy, peeps!
What’s in your bag:
- Deano’s farmer’s market ravioli
- Swiss chard, roasted eggplant, roasted peppers, cherry tomato + balsamic vinegar sugo
- Crumbled feta, hazelnuts + mint
- Roasted garlic focaccia
- Local greens salad with lemon vinaigrette
What you’ll need from home:
- Big pot
- Mixing bowl
- Salt + pepper
- Sheet pan (optional)
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Boil a pot of salted water.
- Once boiling, drop in the ravioli. Cook ‘em for about 4 minutes. They’ll float when they’re ready, but don’t hesitate to test them to make sure they’re done right.
- Reserve about a cup of pasta water.
- Strain the pasta.
The Sugo (and Shredded Smoked Chicken if you ordered it!)
For the shredded smoked chicken, add it to a lightly oiled saucepan over medium heat. Saute for 3-5 minutes. After 3-5 minutes, proceed to step 1 below. Didn’t order the chicken? No worries, start at step 1 🙂
- Pour the sugo into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until warmed through —about 5-7 minutes.
- Use a few splashes of the reserved pasta water from the ravioli to thin out the fondue if you’d like—your call! Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Throw the greens into a mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the lemon vinaigrette all over and toss it up!
- Easiest of them all! Pop it in the oven on a sheet pan or in the toaster until it gets as crispy as you want it.
Alright now, time to eat! Plate your ravioli in a shallow bowl, and spoon over your sugo. Top with a sprinkling of crumbled feta, hazelnuts + mint. The salad and focaccia? Those can hang out on a side plate. Enjoy, Fam 🙂
And that’s it! Dinner served, dinner solved. #weareWECO