This salmon, let us tell you. Farm-raised and coming to us from the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia, this body of water sits near the thumb of the Maine “mitten” (anybody else think Maine looks like a giant mitten? Just us? LOL!)
The Bay of Fundy has the highest tides in the entire world. This means there is an incredible amount of energy that drives these tides, and unearths loads of nutrients from the ocean floor—which is GREAT for this wonderful salmon we have the joy of serving to you tonight! That chili mango glaze that goes on top is an immersion blender combination of mango, miso, tamari, and more, that happens to be finger-lickin’ good. Fried rice, green beans, and cukes round out the bunch with notes of sesame that tie them together. Got leftovers the next morning? Toss it in a saute pan with an egg, and voila! Brekky!
What’s in your bag:
- Chili mango glaze
- Veggie fried rice
- Blistered green beans w/ fried shallots
- Chili marinated cucumbers
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Saute pans, 1 tsp oil
- 2nd saute pan, 1 tbsp oil (optional)
- Microwave safe bowl (optional)
Total prep time: 10 minute
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Put the salmon, skin side down, on the aluminum foil-lined sheet tray. Drizzle glaze over salmon.
- Slide the tray in the oven for 7-10 minutes, ‘til the salmon is warmed through. Remove carefully.
The Green Beans
- Pop in a saute pan with 1 tsp oil over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally, and wait till steamy and sizzly, around 5 minutes.
Two options here:
Option #1: (Recommended) Get a saute pan hot with a teaspoon of oil over medium heat. Pop in the rice and toss ‘til hot and a little crispy, just a few minutes.
Option #2: Put the rice in a microwave safe bowl. Drizzle a teaspoon or two of water over it. Heat it for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave ‘em as is! They’re meant to be enjoyed cold 🙂
Plate time! You know the deal. Each of the components gets their own spot. Maybe snap a pic and share it with us because it looks so good 😉
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO