If you like wrapping presents, you’re gonna loooove tonight’s dinner. Because that’s basically what this DIY lettuce cup construction project is: You, wrapping a present to give your tastebuds.
You’ve got springy, lime-zesty vermicelli, plump citrus-glazed shrimp, curry peanut sauce, and crunchy pickles and cashew crumble, all in a pretty, crisp leafy package. Of course, if you’re not a fan of wrapping, you can chop your lettuce and assemble this as a salad-style creation. Ok that’s a wrap on the wrap talk, time to dig in!
What’s in your bag:
- Citrus-glazed shrimp
- Bibb Lettuce
- Lime leaf vermicelli
- Yuzu pickles, coconut curry peanut sauce, shallot cashew crunch, & chili-lime vinaigrette
- Green papaya and mango slaw
What you’ll need from home:
- Mixing bowl
- Knife or kitchen shears (optional)
Total prep time: 5 minutes
The Green Papaya & Mango Slaw and Chili-Lime Vinaigrette
- Add the slaw to a mixing bowl and drizzle that chili-lime vinaigrette allllll over.
- Mixy, mixy, mixy to incorporate it all!
The Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- Take your bibb lettuce and remove the leaves from the stem, keeping them intact and cup-like.
- Assembly time!
- Lettuce leaf goes down on the plate first!
- Drop a little bundle of vermicelli noodles in next. Pro tip: Use a knife or kitchen shears to cut the noodles into shorter, more manageable strands.
- Spoon a few of those shrimpies on top of the vermicelli.
- Add a dollop of peanut sauce after that. If the sauce is looking a little thick, you can transfer it to a little bowl with a couple splashes of warm water and give it a mix.
- Finish with a sprinkle of the shallot cashew crumble and a few yuzu pickles to the top for some extra crunch.
- Repeat for each lettuce cup!
Plate up your wraps up with some slaw on the side and dig in!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!