Real talk- can you honestly think of a more perfect match in opposites-attract heaven than sweet and savory? We think not. And we bet that if you don’t already agree, you will after trying this staff favorite.
What’s in your bowl is a dazzling culinary balancing act. Of course, there’s the sweetness of the corn and cherry tomatoes playing against the salinity of the miso in the crema. But the Italian sausage with the finishing drizzle of truffle honey really takes it to the next level.
What’s in your bag:
- Rigatoni (from Deano’s!)
- Sweet corn + miso crema with blistered cherry tomatoes + basil
- Sweet Italian sausage
- Truffle honey
- Little Leaf lettuce + radishes
- Sherry vinaigrette
- Garlic focaccia
What you’ll need from home:
- Big pot
- Olive oil
- Mixing bowl
- Salt + pepper
- Sheet pan (optional)
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Boil a pot of salted water.
- Once boiling, drop in the rigatoni and stir. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, and carefully test a noodle for doneness.
- Reserve about a cup of pasta water.
- Strain the pasta.
The Sweet Italian Sausage + Sweet Corn + Miso Crema
- Grab your saucepan, lightly drizzle in some olive oil, and heat over medium. Toss your sausage in and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove your sausage from the pan, set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Pour the sweet corn + miso crema into the same saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until warmed—about 6-7 minutes.
- Add rigatoni to the pan.
- Toss in a pat of butter to finish the sauce.
- Use a few splashes of the reserved pasta water from the rigatoni to thin out the sauce if you’d like—your call!
- Throw the greens into a mixing bowl.
- Season with s + p.
- Drizzle the sherry vinaigrette over the top.
- Toss toss toss!
- Easiest of them all! Pop it in the oven on a sheet pan or in the toaster until it gets as crispy as you want it.
Spoon your rigatoni into a bowl. Top with your slices of sausage, and lightly drizzle the truffle honey over (start light, that stuff is flavorful!) Salad and focaccia can be enjoyed on the side. Enjoy 🙂
And that’s it! Dinner served, dinner solved. #weareWECO