Soooo the other day, when the team was chattin’ it up in the Acton kitchen, yenno, goofin’ around as we do, Cara looked at Chef Matt and said, “OMG, can you make that sweet corn dish again? With the rigatoni and the crema? Remember?!?” It’s been a minute since we’ve seen this one, but man oh man are we stoked for its return. Summer pasta and produce at its finest, and we’ve never had a dish like it. Our team mayyyy haven gotten to try it last week and they mayyyy have shed a tear or two because it was so good. Cara, this one’s for you!
What’s in your bag:
- Rigatoni (from Deano’s!)
- Sweet corn + miso crema with blistered cherry tomatoes + basil
- Sweet Italian sausage
- Truffle honey
- Little Leaf lettuce + radishes
- Sherry vinaigrette
- Garlic focaccia
What you’ll need from home:
- Big pot
- Olive oil
- Mixing bowl
- Salt + pepper
- Sheet pan (optional)
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Boil a pot of salted water.
- Once boiling, drop in the rigatoni and stir. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, and carefully test a noodle for doneness.
- Reserve about a cup of pasta water.
- Strain the pasta.
The Sweet Italian Sausage + Sweet Corn + Miso Crema
- Grab your saucepan, lightly drizzle in some olive oil, and heat over medium. Toss your sausage in and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove your sausage from the pan, set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Pour the sweet corn + miso crema into the same saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until warmed—about 7-8 minutes.
- Add rigatoni to the pan.
- Toss in a pat of butter to finish the sauce.
- Use a few splashes of the reserved pasta water from the rigatoni to thin out the sauce if you’d like—your call!
- Throw the greens into a mixing bowl.
- Season with s + p.
- Drizzle the sherry vinaigrette over the top.
- Toss toss toss!
- Easiest of them all! Pop it in the oven on a sheet pan or in the toaster until it gets as crispy as you want it.
Spoon your rigatoni into a bowl. Top with your slices of sausage, and lightly drizzle the truffle honey over (start light, that stuff is flavorful!) Salad and focaccia can be enjoyed on the side. Enjoy 🙂
And that’s it! Dinner served, dinner solved. #weareWECO