Guess what y’all. It’s Rosh Hashanah! L’shanah Tovah to all those celebrating the Jewish New Year, and happy “oh my god we get to eat short rib tonight?!?!” to everyone else! When we thought about what the WECO way to celebrate Rosh Hashanah should be, the resounding answer was melt-in-your-mouth, fork-tender SHORT RIB! So that’s what we did. Perfectly braised shorty, olive oil mashed taters, honey and ginger-glazed carrot tzimmes, and apple-onion chutney? Sounds like a pretty sweet start to the new year if you ask us!
What’s in your bag:
- Braised short rib with sweet & sour glaze
- Braising liquid
- Olive oil mashed potatoes
- Honey and ginger-glazed carrot tzimmes
- Apple-onion chutney
What you’ll need from home:
- Medium oven-safe saucepan
- Small saucepan
- Microwave-safe dishes
Total prep time: 20 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Add the short rib and braising liquid to an oven-safe pan and set over medium heat. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, pop your pan in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Carefully return your pan to the stove over medium-low heat and reduce for another 2-3 minutes until the braising liquid resembles a glaze. Spoon it over your short rib to make sure it’s nicely coated!
The Carrot Tzimmes
- Add your carrots to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Warm for a few minutes until the liquid reduces to a glaze-like consistency.
- Pop your taters into a microwave-safe dish, and microwave for 2 minutes, or until warmed to your liking!
- Add your carrot tzimmes to another dish and heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Plate up your short rib, spooning the reduced braising liquid over the top as a sauce. Set some of your taters and tzimmes on the next to it, along with your apple-onion chutney for dipping in or dolloping on top.
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!