Ok so we’ve already asked, WTF is a shrimp truck, (check out our Instagram reels hehe) but WTF is tamarind? Here’s the scoop: it’s a tropical fruit-bearing hardwood tree! The fruit is a bean pod that kind of looks like beans, and contains a sour pulp that sweetens as it ripens. It’s fabulous in this recipe, and adds a tangy flavor that contrasts well with another special ingredient we used, agave! We used this with the tamarind to marinate the chicken. Tangy-sweet, cannot be beat, and accompanied by veggies galore. Different textures, like the smooth and soft eggplant or the caramelized carrots combine into a resultantly far-from-boring, bomb-ass dish. Time to make it all disappear 🙂
P.S. Tamarind, nice to meet you!
What’s in your bag:
- Spatchcock chicken
- Butternut squash + zucchini
- Eggplant + mushrooms
- Tahini yogurt sauce
- Tamarind glaze
What you’ll need from home:
- Two aluminum foil-lined sheet trays
Total prep time: 15 minutes
The Chicken, Butternut Squash + Zucchini, Eggplant + Mushrooms, and Carrots:
- Set the oven to 375F.
- Place the chicken on an aluminum foil-lined sheet tray.
- Pop the chicken in the oven and set a timer for 10 minutes. Remove carefully from the oven, and apply your tamarind glaze all over.
- On a separate aluminum foil-lined sheet tray, scatter the butternut squash + zucchini, eggplant + mushrooms and carrots into an even layer..
- Toss your veggies in the oven, and your chicken back in the oven too, and broil for about 2-3 minutes longer or until warmed to your liking.
Grab your plate! It’s time to toss that chicken on there, and surround it with your veggies. Your tahini yogurt sauce can be drizzled on whatever you’d like—though we think it goes VERY well on, well, everything!
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO