We’re ecstatic that salmon has made it into the regular WECO rotation and that y’all seem to be loving it so much! Tonight’s dinner definitely won’t disappoint, that’s for sure, thanks to the salmon, but also because of the fried rice. Everytime we type fried rice we accidentally type “friend” rice, which is kind of the same because of how much we love fried rice. You can be friends with food – don’t let anyone tell you otherwise, please.
Recently we’ve been playing around with different temperatures all on one plate. We’re dividing it straight down the middle this time – salmon and frie(n)d rice hot, beans and cukes cold. The contrast makes the flavors pop even more. Let’s get going on tonight’s hot/cold adventure!
What’s in your bag:
- Sweet chili mango glaze
- Fried rice
- Green beans
- Chili-marinated cukes
What you’ll need from home:
- Sheet tray lined with aluminum foil
- Medium saute pan
- Olive/canola oil
Total prep time: 12 minutes
- On a sheet tray lined with aluminum foil, arrange the salmon pieces skin side up.
- Pop them under the broiler on low for 2-3 minutes, until the skin begins to blister and sizzle.
- Flip them over, coat with sweet chili mango glaze.
- Broil for another 3-4 minutes, or until warmed through. Give them another flip, distribute the glaze onto the skin side, and give a final kiss under the broiler to caramelize the glaze on the skin, about 2 minutes more.
The Fried Rice
- In the saute pan, on high heat, add some oil (1-2 tbsp).
- Once hot, scoop in the fried rice – let it crackle and pop.
- Stir and heat throughout with some good crispies – about 3-4 minutes.
The Green Beans
We prefer these cold! If you wanna nuke them, be our guest. But we love a hot/cold contrast and since the fried rice and salmon will be nice and warm, keep these cool and refreshing.
We know that everyone has their own experience when it comes to cooking. But we truly hope no matter who you are or how old you are, you know not to heat cucumbers. That’s all.
Plate up the salmon with your fried rice, green beans and cucumbers. Enjoy, and happy almost weekend!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO