You know Larb? The herby-aromatic-savory ground meat salad from Southeast Asia? Well tonight, Chef Matt M, who recently joined the team as Lead Recipe Developer and Test Chef, has reimagined the classic dish into one of our favorite forms: Meatball!
We’re servin’ them up with fragrant coconut sticky rice and a refreshing, crunchy snap pea + cuke salad that’s been spiked with basil and mint. Tying it all together is your dipping sauce, a bold, zesty blend of lime juice, fish sauce + chili flakes. Packed with umami and a little kick of heat, a little can go a long way with this sauce, so we recommend starting light!
What’s in your bag:
- Chicken meatballs with ginger + lemongrass, cucumber + snap pea salad, and coconut sticky rice
- Thai larb dipping sauce
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Cooking spray
- Microwave-safe bowl
Total prep time: 10-12 minutes
How to prep:
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Toss your meatballs on your lightly greased (with your cooking spray) aluminum foil lined sheet tray and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until warmed to your liking.
- With a couple minutes left on your meatballs, transfer your rice to a microwave safe bowl. Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Plate up your warmed rice and meatballs, and add that crunchy-cool cuke + snap pea salad on the side. Your Thai larb dipping sauce can go on your meatballs or the whole thing (just go light with this at first, it has a little kick!). Dip, drizzle, or do a little dancey dance. Or all three. Up to you 🙂