Tomato and basil. Peanut butter and jelly. C-3PO and R2D2. Calvin and Hobbes. Shall we go on? Dynamic duos that need no explanation, as their inseparable-ness has been proven time and time again. The tomato basil pairing in this bruschetta is what keeps it so simple yet so tasty. Onion, garlic, olive oil, and balsamic round out the bunch, and when you top it on the focaccia we whipped up it really just might bring you to tears. Chef’s kiss, again and again and again!
Total prep time: 10 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Housemade focaccia
What you’ll need from home:
- A toaster or some other type of crisper-upper
How to prep:
- Cut the focaccia horizontally and lay it out on a sheet pan, crust-side down.
- Toast it up! Toaster, oven, skillet, grill, just make sure it’s warm and golden.
- Spoon the tomato mixture on top of the fo-cach.
- Drizzle some olive oil gently over your masterpiece and cut into more slices.
- Take your best first bite!
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO