Guess what y’all. It’s Rosh Hashanah! L’shanah Tovah to all those celebrating, and happy “oh my god we get to eat brisket tonight?!?!” to everyone else! Rosh Hashanah roughly translates to “head of the year” or “first of the year”, and is the Jewish high holiday for celebrating a New Year of the Hebrew calendar. It’s a holiday filled to the brim with special traditions for celebrating, such as eating apples dipped in honey to resemble a “sweet” new year, to going to synagogue and listening to the blowing of the shofar, an ancient musical instrument made out of a ram’s horn! Pretty neat, huh? Well, we wanted to think of what the WECO way of celebrating Rosh Hashanah would be, and the answer was a resounding BRISKET! So that’s what we did, folks. Perfectly braised brisket, crispy taters, and bagel-inspired asparagus? Sounds like a pretty sweet start to the new year if you ask us!
What’s in your bag:
- Brown sugar rubbed brisket braised in tomato sauce
- Braising liquid
- Roasted red potatoes with green onion butter
- Asparagus with everything bagel spice
- Pickled fennel
What you’ll need from home:
- Casserole dish
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
Total prep time: 20 minutes
The Brisket + Braising Liquid
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Place your sliced brisket and braising liquid into one of your casserole dishes. Cover tightly with foil and pop into the oven for 12-15 minutes to heat through.
- When ready to serve, carefully pull out the brisket leaving the braising liquid behind.
The Roasted Red Potatoes and Asparagus
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the roasted red potatoes on one side of your aluminum foil-lined sheet tray and heat in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
- After 6-8 minutes, remove the tray carefully from the oven and place your asparagus on the other side of the sheet tray.
- Pop the entire tray back in the oven for another 6-8 minutes or until your tasty eats are warmed to your liking.
Alright y’all it’s dinner time! Brisket, taters and asparagus all go on your plate, nothing super fancy about setting this one up for chow time. Put the tasty food on your plate, then eat it. Eat it ALL! We hope you enjoy 🙂
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO