Ah, Passover. What a fekakta holiday. Every year, you gotta schlep your tuchus all the way to your Bubbe and Zaide’s condo on the far side of Long Island, with nothing in your stomach but the rotten banana you were able to nosh on before your entire family piled into your ‘92 Subaru hatchback for the 4 hour drive through the mishigas that is Manhattan traffic. Then you have to sit your tuchus down and listen to your Zaide’s annual spiel, kvetching about gas prices and long lines at the butcher to get a single container of schmaltz for his “legendary” matzo balls. But then finally, after what seems to be a never-ending kvell session over your cousin Daniel’s upcoming wedding, dinner rolls around, and everything is better. We hope this brisket helps you feel that feeling. Deep braised flavor, creamy potatoes, and of course, everything bagel seasoning; what could be better?
What’s in your bag:
- Braising liquid
- Sour cream + chive mashed potatoes
- Asparagus w/ everything bagel seasoning
- Pickled fennel
What you’ll need from home:
- Casserole dish (x2)
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
Total prep time: 15 minutes
The Brisket + Braising Liquid
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Place your sliced brisket and braising liquid into one of your casserole dishes. Cover tightly with foil and pop into the oven for 12-15 minutes to heat through.
- When ready to serve, carefully pull out the brisket leaving the braising liquid behind.
The Mashed Potatoes
- Dollop the potatoes in the other casserole dish and heat in the oven for 7-10 minutes until warmed through. Give things a stir halfway through to make sure all the taters get some heat.
- Place the asparagus on your aluminum foil-lined sheet tray, and pop into the 350F oven for 7-9 minutes until warmed through.
Alright y’all it’s dinner time! Plating should go potatoes first, brisket on top, and asparagus draped neatly on the side. Add a little bundle of pickled fennel wherever you see fit, and you’ve got a meal.
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO