Pronounced like “okay” but with a “p” in front! But this dish is far from just okay… it’s stella! The term “poke” actually means “to slice or cut” in Native Hawaiian. This refers to the fish used, which is sliced into beautiful bite-sized cubes. We’ve got yellowfin tuna in your bowl today, layered on a bed of sushi rice with, ummmm….. ALL the toppings! Pickled Persian cukes, kimchi + daikon slaw and smashed avocado are the tantalizing trio. All ya gotta do is drizzle that dressing, do a little dancy-dance, and poke party your butt off! Enjoy, peeps 🙂
Total prep time: 15 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- One dreamy bowl
- Smashed avocado
- Sesame-ginger dressing
What you’ll need from home:
How to prep:
- Remove your bowl from the fridge (EXCEPT for the tuna!) and let it come to room temperature 15 minutes or so before dinner.
- After 15 minutes, remove your ramekins of smashed avocado and dressing from your bowl.
- Spoon your smashed avocado in your tuna poke bowl.
- Grab your tuna from the fridge and add that to your bowl as well.
- Drizzle your dressing on top, no tossing necessary.
- Dig in!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO