When it comes to chili, we love a good fixins fest. A sprinkling of sharp cheddar cheese to create a melty top layer? Of course. A dollop of cool sour cream on next to add tang and richness? Yeppp. Finish it up with a couple slices of pickled jalapeño to make it all POP? Duh. Don’t forget your hunk of cornbread on the side- we like to dip it in, but if you want to crumble some over the top of your decked-out bowl for a final flourish, we fully support!
What’s in your bag:
- Turkey chili with kidney beans
- Pickled jalapeños, cheddar cheese + sour cream
- Chocolate chunk cookie dough
What you’ll need from home:
- A pot
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Sheet tray + non-stick spray or butter (for the cookie dough!)
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes (plus ~15 minutes for the cookies!)
- Pour chili into pot and heat on medium, stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes or until lightly bubblin’.
- Feel free to add a splash of water and adjust to desired consistency. Maybe give it a taste too, and season with S+P to your liking!
- Easiest of them all! Pop it in the oven on a sheet pan or in the toaster until it gets as crispy as you want it.
To serve, spoon your chili into a bowl. Top with your fixins, scarf it down!
The Cookie Dough
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease your sheet tray with non-stick spray or butter.
- Gently tap the dough onto a surface to remove from the container. Use a knife to cut your dough into 8 equal pieces, and roll them into balls with your hands.
- Arrange them on your sheet tray 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 12 minutes. The cookie edges should be firm but the inside should still be soft, they’ll cook a bit more as they cool.
- Let them cool for 3-5 minutes to firm up (worth it, we promise!). Enjoy! Leave absolutely nothing behind! 🙂
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!