We love a good chili, and we especially love a good chili that’s super decked out. What can we say? We’ll always go the extra mile for you, Fam. That’s why we’re serving up this veggie chili and cheddah cornbread with ALL the fixins. Sour cream? Yep. Cheddar cheese? Of course. Pickled jalapenos… yes puhlease!! Load your bowl up because the sky’s the limit here folks. This chili is chock full of veggies (like squash, sweet potatoes and more!) and is perfect for dip dip dippin’ ya cornbread in. A crispy green salad with radishes rounds out the meal perfectly. Bon appetit!!
What’s in your bag:
- Veggie chili with roasted squash, bell peppers, corn, sweet potatoes, torched tomato + black beans
- Pickled jalapeños, cheddar cheese + sour cream
- Cheddar cornbread
- Little Leaf greens + radishes
- Cilantro lime vinaigrette
- Shredded smoked chicken breast (if you ordered it!)
What you’ll need from home:
- A pot
- Mixing bowl
- An aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Salt and pepper
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
For the shredded smoked chicken, if you ordered it, add it to a lightly oiled pot over medium heat. Saute for 3-5 minutes. After 3-5 minutes, proceed to step 1 below and pour your chili into the pot with the chicken.
Didn’t order the chicken? No worries, start at step 1 🙂
- Pour chili into your pot. Heat on medium heat, stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes or until lightly bubblin’. Feel free to add a splash of water and adjust to desired consistency. Maybe give it a taste too, and season with S+P to your liking!
- Throw the greens + radishes into a mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the cilantro lime vinaigrette all over and toss it up!
The Cheddar Cornbread
- Easiest of them all! Pop it in the oven on a sheet pan or in the toaster until it gets as crispy as you want it.
To serve, spoon your chili into a bowl. Top with your pickled jalapeños, cheddar cheese + sour cream. Your salad and cornbread can go on a side plate. Enjoy your chili, peeps!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO