So the inspo for this dish came from the concept of a summer chili cookoff. Yes, apparently that’s a thing! At first, some members of our menu team were like, “Chef Matt, chili… in the summer?” And he said, “yeah, absolutely.” So we trusted him, and we think we get it now—chili with fresh seasonal veggies for a summer spin, lots of beans beans beans, (cus they’re good for your heart…?) CHEDDAR cornbread, (because there’s no wrong time of year for cornbread) all da toppings you’d ever need, and a crispy crunchy salad of Applefield Farm greens (hi, thank you Farmer Ray!) Hope you dig it, Fam! Also, we heard the Annual World Championship Chili Cookoff is happening in Myrtle Beach this fall… anyone wanna plan a trip with us? 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Veggie chili
- Pickled jalapeños, cheddar cheese + sour cream
- Cheddar cornbread
- Applefield Farm greens + radishes
- Cilantro lime vinaigrette
- Shredded smoked chicken breast (if you ordered it!)
What you’ll need from home:
- A pot
- Mixing bowl
- An aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Salt and pepper
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
For the shredded smoked chicken, if you ordered it, add it to a lightly oiled pot over medium heat. Saute for 3-5 minutes. After 3-5 minutes, proceed to step 1 below and pour your chili into the pot with the chicken.
Didn’t order the chicken? No worries, start at step 1 🙂
- Pour chili into your pot. Heat on medium heat, stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes or until lightly bubblin’. Feel free to add a splash of water and adjust to desired consistency. Maybe give it a taste too, and season with S+P to your liking!
- Throw the greens + radishes into a mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the cilantro lime vinaigrette all over and toss it up!
The Cheddar Cornbread
- Easiest of them all! Pop it in the oven on a sheet pan or in the toaster until it gets as crispy as you want it.
To serve, spoon your chili into a bowl. Top with your pickled jalapeños, cheddar cheese + sour cream. Your salad and cornbread can go on a side plate. Enjoy your chili, peeps!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO