Ogres are like lasagna. Layers. Lasagna has layers. Ogres have layers. Lasagna has layers. You get it? Both have layers.
Shrek said it first, but the analogy still fits. Onions or lasagna, layers galore, just like Shrek! Just no swamp this time. These lasagna layers are filled with roasted garlic bechamel (cream sauce), kale, squash, tomato sugo, mushrooms, and ricotta. Veggie-licious, with a side of hydroponic greens (grown without soil, good for our lovely Mother Earth) and of course, the one and only, the coveted and delicious, garlic bread by Chef Theo! That’ll do, donkey!
What’s in your bag:
- Your veggie lasagna
- Little Leaf greens
- Apple cider vinaigrette
- Chef Theo’s famous garlic bread
What you’ll need from home:
- Casserole dish
- Olive oil
- Salt and peppa
- Aluminum foil
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Drizzle olive oil lightly over your casserole dish to prevent sticking. We want a dish that fits your lasagna as snug as possible (you can get creative— a bread pan or a small oven-safe pan with high sides)
- Place your lasagna in the dish— cover with tin foil.
- Place in the oven at 350F for 10-15 minutes. Remove the foil and back in for another 10. Take a peek. Does it need more time to get all melty and ooey-gooey? Give it 5-10 minutes more if need be.
- Throw the greens into a mixing bowl.
- Season with s + p.
- Drizzle the apple cider vinaigrette over the top.
- Toss toss toss!
The Garlic Bread
- Easiest of them all! Pop it in the oven on a sheet tray or in the toaster until it gets as crispy as you want it.
Assembly for this is super easy. Scoop out your lasagna making sure to get every cheesy, tomato-y bit onto your plate. Salad goes on the side as does the garlic bread. That’ll do donkey, that’ll do.
And that’s it! Dinner served, dinner solved. #weareWECO