OMV! (Oh my veggies!) We’ve got loads of ‘em in your pie tonight, pie-peeps! Some squash, some carrots, some pearl onions, some peas, some celery, some corn… are we missing anything? Don’t think so. Those veggies all make up the pie filling—and that topping is made of creamy, garlicky mashed sweet potatoes. Complex carbohydrates for the win! This dinna is gonna keep you full until… well, next dinna! For your side salad tonight we’re dressing it up with a honey herb vinaigrette. This liquid gold is packed with herbs like chervil, tarragon, parsley and mint. We did the herby blending for you so you don’t have to buy four packs of herbs that you’ll use once and then forget about in the fridge (insert crying emoji here lol) Is that just us or is that SO relatable? Dip a pinky in the dressing and taste test it first. Liquid gold, right?
What’s in your bag:
- Your veggie shepherd’s pie filling
- Sweet potato mash topping
- Applefield Farm greens + radishes
- Honey herb vinaigrette
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil
- Salt and peppa
Total prep time: 25-30 minutes
The Pie Filling + Sweet Potato Mash
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Remove the lid to your shepherd’s pie. Spoon your sweet potato mash on top and spread evenly to cover the filling.
- Cover with aluminum foil and toss it in the oven! Seriously. It’s that easy.
- Leave it in there for 17-20 minutes.
- Remove carefully from the oven, remove the aluminum foil, and place it back in the oven for 5-10 more minutes.
- Alright, take a peek, how’s it lookin’? Hot and steamy? Remove carefully from the oven. Need more time? Give it 5 minutes more.
- Throw the greens + radishes into a mixing bowl.
- Season with s + p.
- Drizzle the honey herb vinaigrette over the top.
- Toss toss toss!
Assembly for this is supa-dupa quick. Scoop out your veggie shepherd’s pie into a shallow bowl. Salad goes on the side. CHOW TIME!
And that’s it! Dinner served, dinner solved. #weareWECO